Had a most fabulous trip to Cape Cod, five nights. Highlights my D.C. Unitarian friends (Wendy, Robin and Aimee) combined with a G2 summit with Ginny (Virg Dzurinko).
Above is me on Race Point, the proverbial “jumping-off place,” as my family for some reason calls such places, the tip of Cape Cod. Very windy, very very windy, and learned later that a woman drowned there the day before.
And here we all are on the steps of Edward Gorey’s house in Yarmouth.
And a major delight, the cutest puppy and smartest in the world, Zinger!!
27. Night Fairy, Laura Amy Schlitz
26. Floating Islands, Rachel Neumeier
24-25. Winterkind, Summerkin, Sarah Prineas
23. The Road from Gap Creek, Robert Morgan
22. Gap Creek, Robert Morgan
21. Travels in Siberia, Ian Frazier
20. The Dog Stars, Peter Heller
19. We Are Water, Wally Lamb
18. The Law of the Broken Earth, Rachel Neumeier
17. The Gollum and the Jinni, Helene Wecker
16. The Snow Leopard, Peter Mathiessen
15. Canada, Richard Ford
13-14. The Gray Wolf Throne, The Crimson Crown, Cinda Williams Chima
11-12. Blood of Dragons, The Princess and the Piebald Prince, Robin Hobb.
10. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
5-9. The Kellys and the O’Kellys, John Calidgate, Mr. Scarborough’s Family, The Macdermonts of Ballycloran, The Claverings, Anthony Trollope
4. Splendors and Glooms, Laura Amy Schlitz
3. Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey, The Countess of Carnavon
2. Marion Fay, Anthony Trollope
1. Castle Richmond, Anthony Trollope
4-5. The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, JRR Tolkein
3. The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. The Exiled Queen, Cinda Williams Chima
1. War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy