Still the dog days.
I have revised The Snow Lion for the one million and second time.
I am returning to Rosalita, which is a nice change and quite fun.
I go to work.
I come home.
I’ve done some reviews of good books, especially Daniel Woodrell’s (see below).
Cid’s hips are giving out. Lucky sleeps. They are getting old.
So am I, but I don’t care. I’m pretty content, despite the depressing litany above.
It’s the dog days. The end of summer.
A hurricane is heading right toward New Orleans.
Change is in the air.
28. Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell
25. Shadow and Bone, Leigh Bardugo
24. Girl of Fire and Thorns, Rae Carson
23. Miss Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children, Random Riggs
21. The Churchills: In Love and War, Mary S. Lovell
20. Swamplandia! Karen Russell
19. The Orchid House, Lucinda Riley
18 Crucible of Gold, Naomi Novik
17. Among Others, Jo Walton
16. Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor
15. The Mysterious Benedict Society, Trenton Lee Stewart
12. Wonder, RJ Palacio
11. The Invisible Line, Daniel Sharfstein
10. 1Q84,Haruki Murakami
4-9. His Majesty’s Dragon, Throne of Jade, Black Powder War, Empire of Ivory, Victory of Eagles, Tongues of Serpents, Naomi Novik
3. The World that Made New Orleans, Ned Sublette
2. Where Things Come Back, John Corey Whaley
1. Legend, Marie Lu
3-5 Harry Potter 1,2 3
1-2. Phineas Redux, The Prime Minister, Anthony Trollope