Just catching up on the book list before I forget everything I’ve read. Almost wrote “everything I’ve written,” which is just as likely. These days seem sort of like a science fiction novel, careening toward the end of the world. Insane heat, followed by flooding rain. Toads and grasshoppers next.
And a feeling of being in a vise, afraid yet unable to think clearly or to act.
Need some kind of cleansing blast. And strangely I have been doing utterly fabulous things, like going birding in Spain with my brother and sister-in-law, seeing 43 new life birds, some stunningly beautiful.
And I have a new Mini-Cooper, Sadie, with whom I am in love:
I need to get a grip.
23. Miss Peregrine’s School for Peculiar Children, Random Riggs
22. The Last Guardian, Eoin Colfer
21. The Churchills: In Love and War, Mary S. Lovell
20. Swamplandia! Karen Russell
19. The Orchid House, Lucinda Riley
18 Crucible of Gold, Naomi Novik
17. Among Others, Jo Walton
16. Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor
15. The Mysterious Benedict Society, Trenton Lee Stewart
14. The Baker’s Daughter, Sarah McCoy
12. Hank Hung the Moon, and Warmed Our Cold, Cold Hearts, Rheta Grimsley Johnson
12. Wonder, RJ Palacio
11. The Invisible Line, Daniel Sharfstein
10. 1Q84,Haruki Murakami
4-9. His Majesty’s Dragon, Throne of Jade, Black Powder War, Empire of Ivory, Victory of Eagles, Tongues of Serpents, Naomi Novik
3. The World that Made New Orleans, Ned Sublette
2. Where Things Come Back, John Corey Whaley
1. Legend, Marie Lu
1-2. Phineas Redux, The Prime Minister, Anthony Trollope