Here’s the latest list.
9. The Fugitive Wife, Peter C. Brown
8. The Sea, John Banville
7. Looking for Alaska, John Green
6. I Capture the Castle, Dodie Smith
5. The Night Journal, Elizabeth Crook
4. The Ice Queen, Alice Hoffman
3. Blood and Chocolate, Annette Curtis Klause
2. Practical Magic, Alice Hoffman
1. The End, Lemony Snickett
Also have reread:
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
I am now reading, So Not the Drama, by Paula Chase, a writer I have now physically met at her book signing, after cybernetically meeting her on the Blue Board. It’s hot because it has all the cool teenage trash talk you’d ever want.
Also rereading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
Still on The Golden Bough, p. 292.
And am reading Beginnings, Middles and Ends, a writing book I won as part of the Writers Digest loot. I’ve found it quite useful so far. But like all writing books, you have to know these things already before a book will help you realize you know them and then you can incorporate the craft consciously.